Certification Unit Thermal Systems (CUTS) & Notified Body as a Space Heater Certification Body (Hot Water Boilers - HWB), accredited by ESYD, the National Accreditation Body, in accordance with the European standard ELOT EN ISO/IEC 17065 "Conformity assessment – Requirements for bodies certifying products, processes and services"
The CUTS has received the Accreditation Certificate number 127 with a renewal date of 26 March 2023, which is valid if the evaluation during the annual monitoring by the ESYD is successful.
In addition, the CUTS has been recognised as a Notified Body in the European Union under CE identification number 0617, for the purpose of granting a CE marking, to Space Heaters with Hot Water Boilers, supplied with liquid or gaseous fuel.
Note: The CUTS is the only body in Greece that has a test rig for space heaters with Hot Water Boilers.
The evaluation shall, among others, assess the quality assurance system followed by the Management, the technical competence and continuing training of the qualified personnel, the suitability and calibration of the equipment as well as the inter-laboratory performance of CUTS.
The scope of accreditation of CUTS includes:
- Certification of products such as Space Heaters with Hot Water Boiler supplied with liquid or gaseous fuels:
A1. Mandatory Sector:
- Phase "A": EC type examination: Technical Report & EC Type Examination Certificate.
- Phase "B": Issue of a CE certificate of conformity following an on-site inspection at the premises of the manufacturer or his authorized representative.
A2. Voluntary Sector:
- Control of space heaters / hot water boilers supplied with solid fuels.
The above services shall be carried out in order to meet the requirements laid down in:
- Mandatory sector, in accordance with PD 335/93 (Government Gazette 143/A/93) & PD 59/95 (Government Gazette 46/A/95) in accordance with Directive 92/42/EEC, Regulation (EU) 2016/426 and by:
- Directive 2009/125/EC (P.D. 7/11 (Government Gazette 14/A/11-02-2011)), supplemented by Regulation (EU) 813/2013 and amended by Directive 2012/27/EU (Law 4342/2015, Part II (Government Gazette 143/A/09-11-2015)).
- Directive 2010/30/EU (J.M.D. 12400/1108/11 (Government Gazette 2301/B/14-10-2011)), supplemented by Regulation (EU) 811/2013, amended by Directive 2012/27/EU (Law 4342/2015, Part B (Government Gazette 143/A/09-11-2015)) and repealed by Regulation (EU) 2017/1369.
- Voluntary sector, according to Ministerial Decision 189533 [Government Gazette 2654/B/9-11-11]: " Regulation of issues relevant to the permanent combustion chamber for heating of building and water " and based on the Regulations (EU):
- 2015/1189 (Annex II - point 1, Annex III) and
- 2015/1187 (Annex VIII, Annex IX).
In addition, CUTS has extended its scope to:
B. "Control of High Efficiency Cogeneration of Heat and Power Plants ", with a view to issuing a certificate of conformity. Inspection, verification and approval of systems, determination of ΕCHP in HECHP plants. (Inspection of either existing or new HECHP plant)., according to:
A) Decision RAE 1599/2011 (GG 179/Β/2012), as amended by Decision RAE 410/2016 (GG 4081/Β/2016).
B) M.D. Δ5−ΗΛ/Γ/Φ1/οικ. 23278 (GG 3108/Β/2012).
C) M.D. Δ5−ΗΛ/Γ/Φ1/οικ.15606 & 15641 (GG 1420/Β/2009).
D) M.D. Δ5−ΗΛ/Γ/Φ1/749 (GG 889/Β/2012).
The CUTS with the Nu. Pr. 2849/20.5.2013 Decision of manager of renewable energy sources and guarantees of origin (former Electric Market Operator) is one of its registered Body of the Register of Certification, Verification and Inspection Bodies.
|Application for Providing EC type Examination Certificate||139.05 KB|
|Application for the capability of using the "CE" marking||144.08 KB|
|Fidelity Declaration "CE"||140.65 KB|
|Certification Unit of Thermal Systems||561.7 KB|