Your privacy is important for the Laboratory of Steam Boilers and Thermal Plants of NTUA (LSBTP-NTUA) and we are committed to protect it in accordance with the European General Data Protection Regulation 679/2016 (GDPR). LSBTP-NTUA will only collect personal details necessary for conducting the aforementioned survey and will collect and handle it (after anonymization) through secure, encrypted connections.
Data Handling, Sharing, Storage and Security
Any personal information you are providing to LSBTP-NTUA is securely stored in servers owned by NTUA and located in the EU. NTUA does not sell or lease the collected personal information to any third party. Personal information will be maintained only for as long as necessary for us to comply with our contractual obligations to the project funding authority, namely the European Commission, and no longer than 5 years from project completion
To delete any information associated to you, you may deactivate your account. This will result in deleting your personal account and as such all personally identifiable information assigned to the relevant email. If you would like us to delete, suspend, or correct your information or if you would like to receive details on your saved information, you may also contact us with a relevant request. We will use economically justifiable efforts to honour your request. We may retain an archived copy of your records if required by mandatory law.
Please be aware that, despite our efforts, no security system is impenetrable. In the event of a security breach, we will promptly notify you and the proper authorities (the respective Data Protection Authority).
You have a number of rights, which you can exercise at any time. In particular:
- Right to be informed: You have the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal information, including the purpose for which we are processing this information, the period that we will retain it and with whom we will share it.
- Right of access: You have the right to ask from us to confirm whether we are processing personal information concerning you. Where that is the case, you can access your personal information that we are processing and relevant supplementary information.
- Right to rectification: You have the right to request from us modifications to your personal information in case you believe that it is not up to date, complete or accurate.
- Right to erasure (“right to be forgotten”): You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information that we are processing.
- Right to restrict processing: You have the right to request from us to restrict the processing of your personal information, with a view to limiting the way that we use this information.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to ask for your personal information to be provided back to you or transferred to a third party.
- Right to object: You have the right to object to us processing your personal information at any time for reasons related to your particular situation.
- Right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing (including profiling), which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you.